Designed to Celebrate and Connect
We’re excited to announce the inaugural Amazing Maker Awards, aka the Makeys! This juried competition will highlight the creative, technical, and social contributions of makers and the impact of their projects all over the world, selecting and featuring the most amazing projects in an annual online showcase.
The Amazing Maker Awards is an opportunity for you to share your work with us, and for us, to share it with the world as a shining example of what makers can do.
Sign Up Today!
Registration for the Amazing Maker Awards is now open; register now to stay in the know and up to date on the launch and details of the first-ever Amazing Maker Awards.
You’ll get the full set of rules for the competition and details on joining the community of makers who are participating in the program.
The first 50 complete project submissions will receive a FREE Restorer tool! This handheld drum sander works all dust-free for everything from paint and rust stripping to texturing to polishing. Great for wood or metal, it’s the perfect addition to all workshops, so get your project ready and be sure to submit it early.
- The awards are open to all makers of different abilities, backgrounds and ages (and we aren’t particularly concerned whether you want to call yourself a maker or not!).
- Individual makers or groups of makers can enter. However, a maker can submit only one project for consideration.
- We are looking for the kinds of amazing projects that we have seen for many years at Maker Faire — and we’ve seen a lot of great projects. Some have solved important problems, others made us laugh or wonder. Some have been shared widely and replicated by others, or even gone on to become commercial products.
- Final project submission is required for judges to review. This submission will consist of a 2-minute video presentation pitch and a one-page document describing the project. (Don’t worry if you’re uncomfortable being on camera; we will suggest other ways you can present your project.)
- Our goal is to recognize maker projects and share them as representative of the positive contributions that makers and creators have made and will make to our society and culture. Perhaps your dream for your project just might come true!
Ways to Participate
Share a project, spread the news, or just peruse. Help us kick off the FIRST Amazing Maker Awards! We are looking for Makers, Scouts, and Mentors.
If you are a maker or a group of makers, we ask that you submit a project. This is an opportunity for makers to reach a broader audience and build community for their project.
Do you know makers in your community with great projects? Encourage them to participate in the awards. Your support can help get more people involved.
Share your skills or expertise with makers to help them improve their project by signing up to be a mentor. We aim to match makers with advisors during project development.