A League of Extraordinary Makers
Season 1 Episode 1
It’s the rise of the Makers, from the DIY-er in the American garage to the Xbox hacker who doesn’t believe in secrets.
About the Show
A walkthrough the Makerverse, a world where artists, inventors and hackers come together to make almost anything. From guitars formed from AK-47s to an entirely open laptop that ships with screwdrivers, from technology that grows to fashion that feels, from 3D printed prosthetics to digitally fabricated cities – this is the story of the Maker movement, a deep-dive into the minds of extraordinary Makers and the things they make! Learn More.
- New Raspberry Pi Pico Adds WiFi, And Possibly BluetoothNew Raspberry Pi Pico Adds WiFi, And Possibly BluetoothThe Raspberry Pi foundation just announced a new lineup of boards in the Raspberry Pi Pico family. The Raspberry Pi Pico W is the headliner here. It takes the immensely popular Pico that they launched last year and adds WiFi capabilities to it! This does increase the price a tiny bit from the original $4 […]
- The First Maker Faire Sardinia Celebrates a Regional Culture of InnovationThe First Maker Faire Sardinia Celebrates a Regional Culture of InnovationItaly's island region of Sardinia has a rich history of making. July 1-3rd #makerfaire takes over Olbia's Museo Archaeologico and joins to past to the future in a celebration of the islands makers in a global context. The post The First Maker Faire Sardinia Celebrates a Regional Culture of Innovation appeared first on Make: DIY […]
- The Smart City Returns: Maker Faire Barcelona Reactivates This WeekendThe Smart City Returns: Maker Faire Barcelona Reactivates This WeekendMaker Faire Barcelona is back! On July 1 & 2 the sixth edition of Maker Faire Barcelona brings together local and international Makers again! This edition aims to explore the influence of Maker Culture on how and where people learn: From formal and informal education to lifelong learning experiences. The post The Smart City Returns: […]
- Interesting New – And Old – Approach To Multi Color 3D Printing Hits KickstarterInteresting New – And Old – Approach To Multi Color 3D Printing Hits KickstarterOne of the common frustrations with common filament based 3D printing is that you’re typically stuck with one material at a time. The Swapper3D Kickstarter is taking a somewhat tried and true approach from CNC machining and applying it to a 3D printer. note: This is a kickstarter. Kickstarters are not like buying a product […]
- “Making” A School Open House Magical“Making” A School Open House MagicalThis year Steindorf STEAM K-8 School replaced their Open House with a School Maker Faire to celebrate and inspire another year of hands-on learning. The post “Making” A School Open House Magical appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.
- Maker Spotlight: W. Michelle HarrisMaker Spotlight: W. Michelle HarrisDigital artist + RIT assoc. professor W.Michelle Harris makes a Rochester crosswalk sing and explores the boundaries of conceptual, digital art. The post Maker Spotlight: W. Michelle Harris appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.