We explore the art of electrons and twisted wires from freestanding circuits to fire tech. Join our three guest nerds and hosts from Make: and Hackster.io for a virtual soirée filled with beautiful, boundary-pushing technology. Learn More.
Finding a gift can sometimes be a little stressful, but we’re here to help! The members of the Make: staff has collected some of our favorite tools and toys that we’ve each loved using over the course of this year. Learn More.
- This Gravity Defying “Chomp” Lamp Harkens Back To The Old Days Of NintendoThis Gravity Defying “Chomp” Lamp Harkens Back To The Old Days Of NintendoRetro gaming is such a fun topic. It’s interesting how beloved it is, both with those who lived through it and see it with the rose colored glasses of nostalgia, and those who are approaching it with fresh new eyes. Aweirdguy tapped into this love with a project that looks deceptively easy, a floating “Chomp” […]
- Find My: DIY Airtag TrackerFind My: DIY Airtag TrackerUnderstanding, (ab)using, and extending Apple’s offline finding protocol The post Find My: DIY Airtag Tracker appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.
- The Hexanaut: Building The Worlds Largest Rideable Hexapod RobotThe Hexanaut: Building The Worlds Largest Rideable Hexapod RobotWhether they realize it or not, fans of Star Wars, Harry Potter, and the Disney+ series Andor may already be familiar with UK creator Matt Denton’s movie magic. But in 2012, Denton’s futuristic fabrications transcended the silver screen and landed in the real world with the debut of Mantis — a six-legged, two-ton, human-piloted, steel behemoth. Originally commissioned for commercial use, a […]
- Mostly Printed Cheap CoreXY 3D PrinterMostly Printed Cheap CoreXY 3D PrinterOne of the coolest things about the 3D printing community over the past decade has been watching people design and build their own systems. Even though the industry has matured and there are tons of options for off-the-shelf products, there are still plenty of people designing their own and releasing them. This is coreXY style […]
- Reusing Disposable Masks As TextilesReusing Disposable Masks As TextilesWhile attending Maker Faire Lille, I was happy to meet Mimi, an artist that got the bright idea to use discarded face masks as raw material for fashion. Mimi saw the piles and piles of used masks that were going into landfills all over and thought that she could make a statement about disposable fashion […]
- Adafruit ESP32-S3 Feather with 4MB Flash 2MB PSRAMAdafruit ESP32-S3 Feather with 4MB Flash 2MB PSRAMThe Adafruit ESP32-S3 Feather represents an upgrade to ESP32-based microcontrollers in the popular Feather form factor. This new ESP32 chip is a dual-core design running at 240 MHz. It has built-in support for Wi-Fi and BLE. For comparison, the ESP32-S2 was single-core and did not support BLE. Both chips have native USB support, making it […]