HAPPENING AT MAKE:
MaxAmps story started in a 2-car garage back in 2004. Founder Austin Else had decided to start using rechargeable AA NIMH cells soldered into a battery pack to use in his RC plane called a Zagi. It was built using clear speaker wire, oversized shrink wrap, and was far from the high-quality batteries that they offer today. After a conversation with a friend, Austin tried throwing one of these beauties on eBay to see if it would sell. He was shocked and amazed that the pack sold overnight and the MaxAmps dream was born.
A 90-minute gathering to run through the content in the new issue of Make:, and get to see our favorite makers and friends. Bring a snack and reach out with questions! Free to all members and subscribers and open to the public with an access fee. Members and subscribers will receive an invitation via email.
At Make:, we’re passionate about our community that is advancing and improving the future. As premier subscriber you are an integral part of our continued preservation, education, and innovation efforts. To be honest, this work is not possible without your support and influence. By joining you will help protect the value of Make: and ensure that we can sustain our work for future makers.
- Don’t Drop Your Bot! A Fresh Take On A Classic GameDon’t Drop Your Bot! A Fresh Take On A Classic GameHere’s a classic skill-and-action game updated for you to make and play. You and your opponent each start your robot at the top of the playfield. Use the skewers to hang your bot in place. Ready, set, go! Race to remove and replace the skewers one by one to lower your bot down, down, down … […]
- Arduino Day 2023 Is Coming This WeekendArduino Day 2023 Is Coming This WeekendThe folks at Arduino have decided to shake things up a bit this year by moving Arduino Day to March 25th and doing an in person event! There will be both virtual sessions and a bunch of in-person events, the main one being at mHub Chicago with tours and talks. The crew at Arduino is […]
- How to Make A Unique “Rewrite” Clock With Arduino, CNC, And SequinsHow to Make A Unique “Rewrite” Clock With Arduino, CNC, And SequinsThis project is a continuation of my quest to build a robotic clock that can write and rewrite the time continuously, day in and day out. My first attempt, Doodle Clock, was a failure due to the marker drying up. Doodle Clock #2 failed because the display — a kids’ magnetic drawing board — soon got […]
- Online Event: Join Us for a Chat About Makers and Ham RadioOnline Event: Join Us for a Chat About Makers and Ham RadioPlease join us next Wednesday March 23 at 7pm ET / 4pm PT for an online conversation about "Makers and Hams." We will talk about the joys of making and amateur radio, how both attract enthusiasts and the commonalities of their communities. The post Online Event: Join Us for a Chat About Makers and Ham […]
- Watch A Hobby CNC Guru Play With A $100,000 MachineWatch A Hobby CNC Guru Play With A $100,000 MachineWinston Moy may not be your average hobby cnc user. His methodical and scientific approach are thorough and intelligent. He really pushes the hobby CNC machines he has access to, to their limits for finish and clean cuts – unlike me, who just smashes stuff out no matter how ugly because math is tedious. Winston […]
- Come See Your Favorite Science And Maker Youtubers At Open Sauce This JulyCome See Your Favorite Science And Maker Youtubers At Open Sauce This JulyThis July at Pier 32 in San Francisco, there’s going to be a huge convergence of your favorite science and maker celebrities for an event called Open Sauce Live. This event has been described as something in between VidCon and Maker Faire, showcasing the most popular and influential science based creators you can think of. […]
MAKERS GETTING SOCIAL