A League of Extraordinary Makers
Season 1 Episode 1
It’s the rise of the Makers, from the DIY-er in the American garage to the Xbox hacker who doesn’t believe in secrets.
About the Show
A walkthrough the Makerverse, a world where artists, inventors and hackers come together to make almost anything. From guitars formed from AK-47s to an entirely open laptop that ships with screwdrivers, from technology that grows to fashion that feels, from 3D printed prosthetics to digitally fabricated cities – this is the story of the Maker movement, a deep-dive into the minds of extraordinary Makers and the things they make! Learn More.
- “Making” A School Open House Magical“Making” A School Open House MagicalThis year Steindorf STEAM K-8 School replaced their Open House with a School Maker Faire to celebrate and inspire another year of hands-on learning. The post “Making” A School Open House Magical appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.
- Maker Spotlight: W. Michelle HarrisMaker Spotlight: W. Michelle HarrisDigital artist + RIT assoc. professor W.Michelle Harris makes a Rochester crosswalk sing and explores the boundaries of conceptual, digital art. The post Maker Spotlight: W. Michelle Harris appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.
- Hacking Together A DIY Resin FDM 3D Printer, AlmostHacking Together A DIY Resin FDM 3D Printer, AlmostOne of the most fascinating things about the 3D printing community, in my opinion, is how they never stop experimenting! Proper Printing just released this video about trying to build an FDM style resin printer and almost succeeding. You’ve probably seen resin printers out there, where you dump a bunch of resin into a vat […]
- The Magic Never DiedThe Magic Never DiedMaker Faires are slowly coming back. Maker Faire Long Island, after not happening for two years, took place in June at Long Island Explorium in Port Jefferson Village. Everybody was happy to come back, said co-producers of Maker Faire Long Island, Angeline Judex and Lisa C. Rodriguez. Angeline is the Long Island Explorium’s Executive Director […]
- Building a large 40W C02 Laser For Under $700Building a large 40W C02 Laser For Under $700Lasers are awesome. We all know this. If you don’t have one, you want one. Owen wanted one, but had a fairly tight budget. When searching, he found the ones in his price range to be too small. So he built one! I know that there are some of you who didn’t watch that video […]
- Old School Label Making, New School InterfaceOld School Label Making, New School InterfaceThe E-TKT by Andrei Speridiao is an exploration of delightful anachronism. It is a label maker that you can control from your phone. You might be thinking “but don’t modern label makers have phone apps already?”. Yup, many do, but they’re simply not as cool as this one! Andrei found himself using an old manual […]