HAPPENING AT MAKE:
MaxAmps story started in a 2-car garage back in 2004. Founder Austin Else had decided to start using rechargeable AA NIMH cells soldered into a battery pack to use in his RC plane called a Zagi. It was built using clear speaker wire, oversized shrink wrap, and was far from the high-quality batteries that they offer today. After a conversation with a friend, Austin tried throwing one of these beauties on eBay to see if it would sell. He was shocked and amazed that the pack sold overnight and the MaxAmps dream was born.
A 90-minute gathering to run through the content in the new issue of Make:, and get to see our favorite makers and friends. Bring a snack and reach out with questions! Free to all members and subscribers and open to the public with an access fee. Members and subscribers will receive an invitation via email.
At Make:, we’re passionate about our community that is advancing and improving the future. As premier subscriber you are an integral part of our continued preservation, education, and innovation efforts. To be honest, this work is not possible without your support and influence. By joining you will help protect the value of Make: and ensure that we can sustain our work for future makers.
- Prusa Announces New Flagship 3D Printer: The MK 4Prusa Announces New Flagship 3D Printer: The MK 4The 3D printing community is rippling with discussion today as Prusa Printers announced their new flagship 3D printer, the MK4. To hit the major points quickly, this newest machine boasts: There’s actually a lot more to it, which you can read about on their blog post. The retail price of the MK 4 is set […]
- Tempus Nectit: This Clock Tells Time By KnittingTempus Nectit: This Clock Tells Time By KnittingOne of the core experiences that many makers share is inspiration taking us on a learning journey. In this case, Kyle Rankin saw an article about a clock that knits to tell time on a popular blog. He shared the enthusiasm of other commenters thinking that it was quite clever and that he’d love to […]
- Review: IsoTunes Air Defender AM/FMReview: IsoTunes Air Defender AM/FMManufacturer: IsoTunes URL: https://isotunes.com/products/air-defender-am-fm Price: $69.99 Features: While typically IsoTunes is known for their bluetooth models, it seems they have listened to the large chunk of the population who just want a simple basic set of headphones for loud environments. Those seem to be getting harder and harder to find. These use AA batteries for […]
- Who Knew Building A MechaGodzilla Cosplay Could Be So SoothingWho Knew Building A MechaGodzilla Cosplay Could Be So SoothingCosplay has evolved into a truly refined art. So many people are creating so many different incredible costumes that we’re always discovering new things. This MechaGodzilla by 小芊枫 XiaoQianFeng caught my eye so I had to click. What I was presented with turned out to be quite different than I expected. Given the topic, I […]
- Change This Slicer Setting For Much Faster 3D PrintsChange This Slicer Setting For Much Faster 3D PrintsHello 3D printing friends! Today I want to share a handy trick to get faster prints from your 3D printer, just by changing a setting in your slicer. It all started when I wanted to reduce the print time for this Neutron Tube model (Figure A ) from Clockspring. The Neutron Tube is a cylindrical container, […]
- Live: Arduino Day 2023Live: Arduino Day 2023Welcome to Arduino Day 2023! We’re on-site at mHUB Chicago, bringing you live coverage — refresh often to make sure you see the latest! Learn more, plus be sure to catch Arduino’s live stream at https://day.arduino.cc/ ! We also have made available a special free PDF download featuring Arduino projects and more! NEW Arduino UNO […]
MAKERS GETTING SOCIAL