A League of Extraordinary Makers
Season 1 Episode 1
It’s the rise of the Makers, from the DIY-er in the American garage to the Xbox hacker who doesn’t believe in secrets.
About the Show
A walkthrough the Makerverse, a world where artists, inventors and hackers come together to make almost anything. From guitars formed from AK-47s to an entirely open laptop that ships with screwdrivers, from technology that grows to fashion that feels, from 3D printed prosthetics to digitally fabricated cities – this is the story of the Maker movement, a deep-dive into the minds of extraordinary Makers and the things they make! Learn More.
- James Webb Telescope In Our Hearts and On Our WallsJames Webb Telescope In Our Hearts and On Our WallsWe absolutely love the James Webb telescope, as do many folks who are even vaguely interested in space and science. Frankly, we can’t get enough of the thing. This wall art, based off the James Webb telescope by VegaWoodworks is a gorgeous way to celebrate the incredible piece of space faring science equipment. You can […]
- Mighty Modules: Pluggable Boards To Get Your Project BuiltMighty Modules: Pluggable Boards To Get Your Project BuiltIf you're taking your microcontroller or SBC project to market, these pluggable boards might be what you need. The post Mighty Modules: Pluggable Boards To Get Your Project Built appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.
- Join Us On May 25 For Our Make: Magazine Vol. 81 Launch PartyJoin Us On May 25 For Our Make: Magazine Vol. 81 Launch PartyThis Wednesday, May 25, we're hosting a virtual event on Zoom to celebrate the launch of Make: Vol. 81, which tells you everything you need to build, fight and win at Robot Combat! The event is free for Make: subscribers and Make: Community members, and will consist of a panel discussion with Make: contributors and […]
- Maker Spotlight: Shanna HadenMaker Spotlight: Shanna HadenName Shanna Haden Where are you located? Montgomery, PA What is your day job? 8th Grade ELA and Gifted (7-12) Teacher Do you attend a makerspace/fablab/hackerspace? I will be in April. What kinds of stuff do you make? The Montgomery Area Jr./Hr. School Gifted program has made multiple types of catapults, as well as a […]
- This Upside Down 3D Printer Has A Few More Tricks Up Its SleeveThis Upside Down 3D Printer Has A Few More Tricks Up Its SleeveI’ll admit, when I first saw The Positron 3D printer designed by Kralyn3D on YouTube, I kind of discounted it as a gimmick. It prints upside down, which is impressive if you have never seen it before. However, if you’ve been around 3D printers for a while, you’ve seen it, you’ve already asked all the […]
- This 3D Printer Has The Speed of a Delta and the Automation Of a BeltThis 3D Printer Has The Speed of a Delta and the Automation Of a BeltBrian Brocken wrote us to show off a project he recently completed, and is rightfully proud of. He needed to do some small production runs of some 3D printed chain parts, and wanted to do it with a fast delta printer, so he designed and built the Delta Belt 3D printer; the best of both […]
- Rube Goldberg Contraptions in the Classroom. A Winning CombinationRube Goldberg Contraptions in the Classroom. A Winning Combination
- Making Simple Robots with Author Kathy CeceriMaking Simple Robots with Author Kathy Ceceri
- Start Making Geometry!Start Making Geometry!
- Sewing for Cosplay 101 Lesson 3 – Seam Finishes, Hand and MachineSewing for Cosplay 101 Lesson 3 – Seam Finishes, Hand and Machine
- Paper and Origami Circuits for EducatorsPaper and Origami Circuits for Educators
- Sewing for Cosplay 101 Lesson 4 – Shaping FabricSewing for Cosplay 101 Lesson 4 – Shaping Fabric
- Read More