We explore the art of electrons and twisted wires from freestanding circuits to fire tech. Join our three guest nerds and hosts from Make: and Hackster.io for a virtual soirée filled with beautiful, boundary-pushing technology. Learn More.
Finding a gift can sometimes be a little stressful, but we’re here to help! The members of the Make: staff has collected some of our favorite tools and toys that we’ve each loved using over the course of this year. Learn More.
- Review: Meyer Makes Engineering Resin for 3D PrintingReview: Meyer Makes Engineering Resin for 3D PrintingManufacturer: Meyer Makes URL: https://mayermakes.at/engineering-resin/ Price: $72.61 Resin based 3D prints are notoriously brittle, even when advertised as tough. Meyer Makes Engineering Resin surprised me though, with how durable it really is. Right off the printer, this stuff looks yellowish but gets clearer as it cures. The durability is really impressive. Thin parts can flex and bend […]
- Chrome and Lace: Rae Ripple’s Take On Rat RodsChrome and Lace: Rae Ripple’s Take On Rat RodsMeet Phillis Gene, a vintage Chevrolet Deluxe that just got a one-of-a-kind redesign by Texas-based metal artist Rae Ripple. “I wanted to keep that real classy lady feel, so that’s where the lace came in,” Ripple says of her work, commissioned by a rat rod enthusiast and named after his mother. “I guess if you were going […]
- Plane Spotting (And More!): Put your spare gear to use as a feeder for community-based data exchangesPlane Spotting (And More!): Put your spare gear to use as a feeder for community-based data exchangesIf you’ve ever used a flight-tracking app or looked up local weather on Weather Underground, you’ve likely accessed data supplied, in part, by volunteer contributors. Crowd-sourced data exchanges collect this information and share the pooled results online via interactive maps. The data ranges from radio-signal telemetry for airplanes, ships, weather balloons, or satellites, to seismic measurements, to air […]
- Model MainframeModel MainframeWith how important desktop and laptop computers are to the world today, it’s hard to imagine that, not too long ago, they used to be the size of refrigerators and entire rooms. However, Nicolas Temese has found a way to keep the memory of these gigantic machines alive — by shrinking them down to a fraction of […]
- Getting Started With Combat KitbotsGetting Started With Combat KitbotsSo you want to fight robots? Try these battle-hardened kits for building antweight (1lb) combat bots. The post Getting Started With Combat Kitbots appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.
- Get a Grip! Overcome Those Shaky Hands With These Useful Adaptive DevicesGet a Grip! Overcome Those Shaky Hands With These Useful Adaptive DevicesGet a better grip on your tools with these easy assistive solutions. The post Get a Grip! Overcome Those Shaky Hands With These Useful Adaptive Devices appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.