A League of Extraordinary Makers
Season 1 Episode 1
It’s the rise of the Makers, from the DIY-er in the American garage to the Xbox hacker who doesn’t believe in secrets.
About the Show
A walkthrough the Makerverse, a world where artists, inventors and hackers come together to make almost anything. From guitars formed from AK-47s to an entirely open laptop that ships with screwdrivers, from technology that grows to fashion that feels, from 3D printed prosthetics to digitally fabricated cities – this is the story of the Maker movement, a deep-dive into the minds of extraordinary Makers and the things they make! Learn More.
- This 3D Printer Has The Speed of a Delta and the Automation Of a BeltThis 3D Printer Has The Speed of a Delta and the Automation Of a BeltBrian Brocken wrote us to show off a project he recently completed, and is rightfully proud of. He needed to do some small production runs of some 3D printed chain parts, and wanted to do it with a fast delta printer, so he designed and built the Delta Belt 3D printer; the best of both […]
- Maker Spotlight: Bill LockeMaker Spotlight: Bill LockeName Bill Locke Where are you located? Canton OH What is your day job? Systems Administrator Do you attend a makerspace/fablab/hackerspace? yes CHAMP Makerspace in Canton Makerspace Website What kinds of stuff do you make? combat Robots, 3d printers, Misc ElectronicsHow did you get started making stuff? *I have been doing it my whole life. My […]
- Maker Spotlight: Kody GreeneMaker Spotlight: Kody GreeneName Kody Greene Where are you located? Copley Ohio What is your day job? Free Lance with my KRG Props and Replicas Do you attend a makerspace/fablab/hackerspace? I have attended the Akron Makerspace Official Website | Instagram | Facebook What kinds of stuff do you make? I generally make anything from helmets to full droid […]
- Minoring in the Majors: A Crash Course in MakingMinoring in the Majors: A Crash Course in MakingHave you ever thought about how makers measure their success? Obviously, making a successful project is a pretty good sign. But, what about the times where a project doesn’t work like you envision? I’m talking about when the making process of brainstorming, prototyping, and creating results in, well, nothing. A flop. A failure. A pile […]
- Level Up Your AI Skillset and Dive Into The Deep End Of TinyMLLevel Up Your AI Skillset and Dive Into The Deep End Of TinyMLMachine learning (ML) is a growing field, gaining popularity in academia, industry, and among makers. We will take a look at some of the available tools to help make machine learning easier, but first, let’s review some of the terms commonly used in machine learning. John McCarthy provides a definition of artificial intelligence (AI) in […]
- Camera Shy: Lights, Camera, MakeCamera Shy: Lights, Camera, MakeThe host of Ugly Duckling House shares her contemporaries' reasons for avoiding YouTube The post Camera Shy: Lights, Camera, Make appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.
- Rube Goldberg Contraptions in the Classroom. A Winning CombinationRube Goldberg Contraptions in the Classroom. A Winning Combination
- Sewing for Cosplay 101 Lesson 3 – Seam Finishes, Hand and MachineSewing for Cosplay 101 Lesson 3 – Seam Finishes, Hand and Machine
- Paper and Origami Circuits for EducatorsPaper and Origami Circuits for Educators
- Sewing for Cosplay 101 Lesson 4 – Shaping FabricSewing for Cosplay 101 Lesson 4 – Shaping Fabric
- Read More