The need is greater than ever for maker educators to provide hands-on making and project-based learning experiences. Making is a practice that can be learned and shared among educators.
About the event
September 24th & 25th
The Make: Education Forum is a virtual event this Fall! Throughout the event, practitioners will explore, share and implement programs for making in K-12 education. The forum aims to transform education by focusing on the needs and interests of educators and their students by developing new technical skills and encouraging the process of creative problem-solving. Programming will include “how-to” sessions and workshops that introduce projects and methods that you can use to design or expand your maker program. In addition, it’s a unique opportunity to meet other maker educators as well as expert makers.
Workshop & Discussion Topics
- Incorporate making into existing learning frameworks and subject matter.
- Explore resources and opportunities for educational makerspaces
- Teach technical making skills
- Help students find and scope local problems that they can work on
- Explain the steps to produce a School Maker Faire
- Provide options for no tech to high tech making
- Map out fostering the maker mindset in your school community
- Expand making in libraries, camps and other out of school settings
Registration Fee Includes
- Two full days of virtual workshops to explore maker topics, share ideas, exchange tips and tricks, and learn from one another.
- One year membership to Make: Community that includes community conversations and discussions, groups, and a print and digital subscription to Make: magazine.
- Access to all the project videos and other resources from Make: Camp
- One year subscription to Make Magazine
- More Make: exclusive promotions and savings!
If you have concerns about the affordability of the Make: Education Forum, we encourage you to reach out and we will take your situation into consideration. We do not want a registration fee to prevent maker educators from participating; we will work with you on a case-by-case basis to find the appropriate fee and help you attend the Make: Education Forum.