In teaching hands-on design for over 20 years, a few themes have emerged. Creativity is increased when students are empowered with fundamental skills, such as sketching their own design ideas. This in turn can lead to increased spatial visualization skills, CAD proficiency, and retention rates in STEM.
This presentation covers:
– How to increase creativity with design projects
– Research on spatial visualization’s role in STEM
– How to structure team projects to promote individual contribution
– How to develop spatial skills in an engaging fashion
– Hands-on workshop using the Spatial Vis software