September 24th - 25th
What You'll Do:
The growth of makerspaces in education was interrupted by the shutdown of schools, libraries, and museums over the last year. Now, as students return to in-person learning, there is an even greater need for maker educators who can provide hands-on making and project-based learning experiences. Making is a practice that can be learned and shared among educators. The Make: Education Forum brings together maker educators of all levels to learn best practices from each other.
The Make: Education Forum is a virtual event occurring from September 24th-25th. Throughout the event, practitioners will explore, share and implement programs for making in K-12 education. The forum aims to transform education by focusing on the needs and interests of educators and their students by developing new technical skills and encouraging the process of creative problem-solving. Programming will include “how-to” sessions and workshops that introduce projects and methods that you can use to design or expand your maker program. In addition, it’s a unique opportunity to meet other maker educators as well as expert makers.
Sessions will be recorded and made available to registrants after the event.
Participate in “how-to” sessions that:
- Incorporate making into existing learning frameworks and subject matter
- Explore resources and opportunities for educational makerspaces
- Teach technical making skills
- Help students find and scope local problems that they can work on
- Explain the steps to produce a School Maker Faire
- Provide options for no tech to high tech making
- Map out fostering the maker mindset in your school community
- Expand making in libraries, camps, and other out of school settings
What is included:
- Two full days of virtual workshops to explore maker topics, share ideas, exchange tips and tricks and learn from one another
- One year membership to MAKE: Community which includes monthly conversations, access to discussion forums, and a print and digital subscription to Make: magazine
- Access to all the Maker Camp project videos and resources
- Make: exclusive promotions and savings
* Tickets are nonrefundable
About your Facilitator:Make: Education Forum brings together maker educators of all levels to learn best practices from each other.
Make: has been a vanguard of the maker movement with the publication of its namesake magazine for over 16 years and its network of Maker Faires. We have two goals: one is to increase the number of people who are exposed to making and become makers, and two is to share the wide variety of projects that makers create and show their contribution to our society. We believe it is essential that more and more youth are provided access to the tools, materials, concepts, and support to grow as makers through opportunities in both formal and informal learning in their local community.